Waterproofing Repairs are required in the buildings which were not waterproofed earlier or were not waterproofed properly, buildings under renovation or very old buildings. You would know that your house requires waterproofing repairs if there is”
- Peeling Paint: One of the most common causes of peeling paint is high humidity. When your basement has a dampness problem, moisture wicks through the porous surface of the paint and is absorbed into the brickwork behind it. When temperatures become warmer, the moisture behind the paint turns into steam and forces the paint off from behind.
- Cracks in walls or floor: Cracks can form in any shapes, sizes and directions and they don’t usually appear naturally. You might find vertical cracks, or horizontal cracks. It can be from settling of the foundation, pressure on the walls or under the floor, or many other factors.
Damp spots on the walls or ceilings: Moisture or leakage can cause dampness on the walls. On an unpainted wall that holds excessive moisture, it will turn dark gray. A painted wall will show darkening of the paint, or discoloration.
- Unpleasant Odor: Decaying unpleasant odors are given off by the decaying material associated with mold or mildew. As soon as you enter a room or a basement which has seepages, an unpleasant odor of decay hits you. You can try to take out the smell by locating the source and cleaning the items associate with it.
- Mold & Mildew: Excessive moisture in your basement can cause mold and mildew. These living organisms can grow and multiply in the walls, on or under the carpet and furniture. Black, brown, yellow or green, mold and mildew can cause severe health problems, including headaches, water eyes, coughing, scratchy throat, and blood in lungs. Mold is harmful to us and its symptoms are different depending on the person. Mold does affect our immune system and can cause health problems, in some cases, severely threatening problems. Common symptoms consistent with mold are allergic reactions, nausea, headaches, respiratory illness, itchiness and more. The elderly and infants are at higher risks of developing these and other health problems.
- Exposed & Rusting steel reinforcements: Metal is prone to rusting when there is excessive humidity. The water seepage causes cracks and debonding in RCC slabs, Beams and Columns. The steels reinforcements get exposed and gets rusted due to oxidation. You will need to remove the rust, treat with anti-rust treatment, maybe reinforce and repair the damage with Micro Concrete, Repair Mortar or other suitable treatments and repaint the damaged area as soon as possible, and then eliminate the cause of the moisture, otherwise the rust will reappear.
SNP Technologies Pvt Ltd
C 414-415, 4th Floor
Sector 50, Gurgaon 122018